Creating an Event
Posted by Arthur Wolford on Feb 26, 2019 05:17 PM
Creating an Event in WordPress:
- To create an event, hover your mouse over "Swanton Local School District at the top left of the page. Then click on "Dashboard".
- On the left hand-side of the screen, hover your mouse over "Events". Then, click on "Add New"
- This is where you will enter in the event information. First, type in the title of the event. In the Box, describe the event with any details (i.e. High School Boys Basketball Game).
- Next, on the right hand-side of the page where it says "Event Categories", select the category your event bests fits in. The Category(ies) will define what calendar the event is posted on. (i.e. High School Events go into the High School category, which show up on the High School Calendar)
- Scroll down the page to the box labled "The Events Calendar". Enter in the date and time of the event.
Note: If the event end-time is unknown, make the start and end times the same (i.e.7:00pm to 7:00pm).
- Under the "Time & Date" section is the "Location" section. Click the dropbox labled "Create or Find Venue" and select the venue where the event is taking place. If the venue requested is not listed, click here for a tutorial on how to add a venue.
- If you have completed all previous steps, scroll back up and on the right side of the screen is a blue button labeled "Publish". Click this when you ready for the event to be viewed within the calendar.