How to: Find your H: Drive documents and edit them in Google Drive.
Posted by Wes Payton on Aug 10, 2015 08:57 AM
How to: Find your H: Drive files, and edit Word, Excel, and Powerpoint documents in Google Drive.
1.Navigate in your browser to http://drive.google.com and enter your Swanton Local School District e-mail and password.
2. Click “Shared with me” on the right side of the page. It is outlined in green in the next picture.
3. You should see a folder called “Your Name Home Directory”. Double click this folder. It is outlined in green here.
4. I have an example word document uploaded. Right click the file, hover to open with, and click Google Docs.
5. Now this document should open in a new tab. Make sure all of your information is there and correct.
6. If the document was satisfactory, go back to your other tab. As you can see, there are now 2 files of the same name. One is a Word document, and one is a Google drive document. You can tell by the W for Word, outlined in red, and the paper icon for Google drive, outlined in green.
7. We want to get rid of the old Word document, so let’s right click that file and click remove.
8. That was a bit of a hassle, wasn’t it? Let’s quickly change a setting to make that happen automagically.
9. This should bring up a box, where you want to check “Convert uploaded files to Google Docs editor format, and click done.